B-CC Recieves Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way

On Wednesday, B-CC received the 2023-2024 PLTW Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way (PLTW), a national recognition of student...

B-CC after prom will be filled with games and prizes
B-CC PTSA Revives After Prom

As prom approaches with much anticipation, many seniors look forward to attending the newly revived After Prom. Sponsored by the PTSA, and organized...

Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.
Girls' Tennis Week Three Recap

The B-CC girls' tennis team continued their season this week with matches at home versus Walt Whitman and away against Montgomery Blair. On...

Barons Softball Beats Kennedy, Richard Montgomery, and Northwood High School

After a tough stretch for B-CC, the Barons traveled to John F Kennedy High School in hopes of defeating the Cavaliers. It was a shaky start for...

Schedule for the week of May 6th to May 10th
MCAP Testing Set to Take Place Next Week

The Maryland Comprehensive Assessment Program (MCAP) is set to take place at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School during the week of May 6th to May...

B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024
B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024

On Monday, April 29, four delegations from B-CC Model United Nations attended the Global Classrooms D.C. Model United Nations conference. The...

Courtesy of Lauren Rich
Girls Lacrosse Regular Season Finale

Girls’ Lacrosse hosts its season finale tonight against Thomas S. Wootton High School, where seniors will be celebrated during a ceremony before...

International Night Allows B-CC Community to Share their Cultures

On February 12th from 5-8pm, more than 30 nations, broader areas, or cultures from around the world will be represented by members of the B-CC community at International Night.
B-CC+International+Night+in+2023+
B-CC International Night in 2023

On Feb. 12 from 5 p.m to 8 p.m., more than 30 nations, broader areas, and cultures from around the world will be represented by members of the B-CC community at International Night. It is a chance for students to share their experiences and learn from one another.

Countries that will be featured include: Ethiopia, Colombia, Malaysia, Venezuela, Haiti, Eritrea, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Peru, Nepal, Japan, Finland, China, Cameroon, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Congo, Dominican Republic, France, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Korea, Liberia, Mexico, Italy, Morocco, and Pakistan.

Small dishes will be on display from a number of countries for people to try, giving students and their families an opportunity to sample the cuisine from various regions.

B-CC STEP and Ritmo Latino are expected to perform. The event will feature Colombian Cumbia music, as well as beatbox covers of traditional music in Malay, a language spoken in several countries including Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore. Various cultures will be represented through other art forms including fashion, theatrical performances and poetry. “We will also have a few first-time performers that are sure to be a huge hit,” Assistant Principal Ms. Sutton told The Tattler. She added that around 100 students will participate in various ways in order to produce the event. Around 10 staff members and 20 parents or caregivers will also be in attendance to help the evening to run smoothly. 

Junior Aresema Berhanu looks forward to sharing Ethiopian dances with the B-CC community,“This is a great chance for me to showcase my culture in a fun way because dancing is such a fun thing to do and see,” said Berhanu, who was born in Ethiopia and moved to the U.S. when she was 4 years old. She described International Night as “a night where we get to explore different cultures and countries.”